Stories Matter Schools
In Fall 2020, we will roll out our Stories Matter Schools project. We have curated a list of books for Elementary, Middle, and High Schools that tackle the subject of race in America through the lens of Black history and experience and themes of anti-racism. We are excited to work with librarians at our pilot schools: Beaufort Elementary, Campbellton Elementary, Franklin County R-II, Strain-Japan, Union Middle School, and Washington High School. Through fundraising and the generosity of our partner, Neighborhood Reads, each school will be provided with sets of books for their libraries.
Are you interested in being a Stories Matter School? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- National Museum of African American History & Culture: Talking About Race
- Smithsonian Scholars Recommend Books, Films and Podcasts About Race
- Teaching Hard History Text Library at Teaching Tolerance
- Diversity & Cultural Literacy Toolkit at School Library Journal
- Precious Children: Diversity in the Classroom Resources at PBS
- Freedom Reads: Anti-Bias Book Talk Series
- Resources for Educators, Parents and Families at the ADL
- Resources for Educators at Lee & Low Books
- We Need Diverse Books